I’ve heard ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’ once too many times.
So, by way of revenge (as if the composer, or composers, whoever he, she or they are, care what I think as the royalties keep rolling in) (sounds like a ‘they’ song, written by a committee, if not by a computer, in its mind numbing trotting out of cliché and truism), and in the interests of promoting a little friendly post-Christmas discussion, here’s my list, in random order, of the Top Ten Worst Christmas Songs Ever.
1. Little Drummer Boy
2. Do They Know It’s Christmas?
3. Wonderful Christmastime
4. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
5. Silver Bells
6. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
7. The Twelve Days of Christmas
8. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting …)
9. Christmas in Killarney
10. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
I’m tempted to be really offensive and also do a list of my Top Ten Worst Christmas Carols Ever, starting with the turgid O Come All Ye Faithful, but I’ll leave that for another time.
Meanwhile, I look forward to receiving
c) rival lists.